What is a "self-cover" for saddle stitched, wiro or spiral bound books?

A ‘self-cover’ would be a cover using the same paper as the interior stock. So if you have opted for a 80gsm paper on the interiors, if you opt for a ‘self-cover’, the cover would also be printed on this paper.

This is most suitable for small magazines, pamphlets or booklets.